With a view to enhancing English learning in the workplace for frontline working adults who have completed senior secondary education, the Workplace English Campaign launches the mobile application titled “Workplace English Tic-Tac-Toe” with content and functions as follows:
- Practical English conversation applicable to various job nature and workplace context
- Bilingual (English and Chinese) transcripts of workplace conversation
- Speed controllable audio recordings of workplace conversation vocalised by native speakers of English
- Audio recording and playback
- Word search
- Comparison of game results among users
The Workplace English Campaign is funded by the Language Fund and steered by the Standing Committee on Language Education and Research (SCOLAR).
The application was ranked No 3 under Education Category in Hong Kong App Store in Jan 2016, with a total of 10,000 downloads for both App Store & Google Play.